SPOKANE - A Spokane man tried to save another man from jumping off of the Monroe Street Bridge Monday night, but wasn?t able to keep a hold of the man?s shirt.
Don Kemper says he spotted the man sitting on the edge of the bridge around 7:30 p.m. and tried to pull him back to safety.
"I grabbed on the back of his shirt collar and I couldn?t hold on, and I screamed for help from somebody out in the street, didn?t work,? Kemper said.
The man fell to his death.
Police are investigating the apparent suicide.
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car
- Don't leave valuable property in your car