ADAMS COUNTY, Wash. - One man is dead after leaping onto a moving train near Ritzville while fleeing from police.
According to the Adams County Sheriff's Department, a vehicle had been eluding Franklin County Sheriff's, Washington State Patrol, and Connell Police. The driver - a male - continued to flee into Adams County. Spike strips were utilized during the chase but ineffective.
The vehicle lost its tires and came to a stop on Interstate 90 near milepost 238.
The man fled on foot from police while he was being ordered out of his car and ran up an embankment onto an overpass. Below the overpass were train tracks and the man reportedly jumped onto a moving train. He did not survive his leap.
Authorities are withholding his name until notification of the next of kin.
- Woman's laptop with memories of deceased son stolen
- Capture last of summer outdoor fun at Valleyfest
- Spokane community comes together to assemble flowers for Strahan's memorial
- Chilling details released in murder of Spokane cab driver
- La Niña watch issued, what that means for Spokane
- Man who killed stepson sentenced to 15 years to life in prison