ATHOL, Idaho - UPDATE: The man has been identified as as 45-year-old Robert J. Billingsley.
One man is dead after an industrial accident Friday morning at the Merritt Brother's Lumber Company in Athol, Idaho.
Kootenai County Sheriff's deputies were called to the lumber mill for an unconscious, 45-year-old male employee who had been trying to clear a machine of a broken piece of wood when he received a mechanical injury.
The man was transported to Kootenai Health by medical personnel where he was pronounced dead.
Deputies are investigating the scene and attempting to notify the next of kin.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
- Kootenai County deputies arrest US Marshall fugitive for drug trafficking
- Ephrata man dies after collision near Quincy
- Man dead after fatal crash on US 95
- Ballots for November elections sent out
- Pot convictions could disappear for Kettle Falls Five
- Spokane Symphony honors the donors who kept the Fox Theater alive