ADAMS COUNTY, Wash. - One man is dead after experiencing an equipment failure on his vehicle while traveling on Interstate 90 early Saturday morning.
57-year-old Michael Potter, of Libby, Montana, was driving a 2001 Chevrolet Silverado pickup westbound on I-90 near milepost 226 when his vehicle experienced an equipment failure on the right rear tire.
Potter's vehicle left the roadway to the media and rolled, coming to a stop blocking the westbound lanes. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Both westbound lanes were blocked for five and a half hours as Washington State Patrol Troopers worked to clear the scene.
- Spokane Valley residents face fines for not clearing snow
- Refugees celebrate new life in Spokane
- Spokane organization celebrates refugee resettlement efforts
- Extreme Team "Making Spirits Bright" project decorates nearby park
- Mix up leaves family with dozens of baby guinea pigs
- Artist aims to paint one picture of Spokane each week for a year