PORT ORCHARD, Wash. - A Kitsap County jury has found a man guilty of murder in the death of his former girlfriend and a toddler at a mobile home park in Bremerton.
The Kitsap Sun reports 31-year-old Geraldo DeJesus was convicted of murder Tuesday in the March 2015 deaths of Heather Kelso and her roommate's 2-year-old son, Kaden Lum. DeJesus was also convicted of attempted murder for shooting Kelso's friend and aiming toward Kaden's mother, who was trying to shield the boy when he was shot.
Prosecutors had argued that DeJesus was a jealous ex-boyfriend who went on a rampage.
But DeJesus' attorneys said investigators were too quick to identify their client as a suspect and that they failed to investigate other people.
Defense Attorney Caleb Cunningham says he will appeal the verdict.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday