PORT ORCHARD, Wash. - A Kitsap County jury has found a man guilty of murder in the death of his former girlfriend and a toddler at a mobile home park in Bremerton.
The Kitsap Sun reports 31-year-old Geraldo DeJesus was convicted of murder Tuesday in the March 2015 deaths of Heather Kelso and her roommate's 2-year-old son, Kaden Lum. DeJesus was also convicted of attempted murder for shooting Kelso's friend and aiming toward Kaden's mother, who was trying to shield the boy when he was shot.
Prosecutors had argued that DeJesus was a jealous ex-boyfriend who went on a rampage.
But DeJesus' attorneys said investigators were too quick to identify their client as a suspect and that they failed to investigate other people.
Defense Attorney Caleb Cunningham says he will appeal the verdict.
- Idaho prepares for slick roads with new de-icer
- Neighbors file lawsuit against Rocket Market
- Police searching for a man who exposed himself at Logan elementary
- City of Spokane readdressing east Spokane garbage routes
- Shadle Park HS student arrested for off-campus altercation
- Gonzaga falls from top spot in AP poll, Kansas moves to No. 1