YAKIMA, Wash. - Yakima police said a 26-year-old woman who was in bed was hit in the back by a stray bullet in what appears to be a gang-related shooting.
The Yakima Herald-Republic reports that the woman's condition was not immediately available.
She was able to tell police that she was lying in bed when she felt a sharp pain in her back. Her infant daughter was in a crib at the foot of the bed and was not injured.
Police said that a man told officers that he was driving in town shortly after midnight when people in another vehicle opened fire in his direction. His car was hit multiple times, but he was not injured.
One bullet missed the man's car, went into a house and through a mattress, striking the woman.
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital