YAKIMA, Wash. - Yakima police are giving out free steering wheel locks to help deter car thieves.
They plan to hand out about 150 locks to people who own a Honda Civic or Accord.
Police Lt. Mike Pollard says those car models are stolen most often in the city. He says the 1980s and 1990s models are easy for thieves to steal.
The department is giving out the locks at three events in the city next week.
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show
- A robot that picks apples? Replacing humans worries some