YAKIMA, Wash. - At its Tuesday night meeting, the Yakima City Council is expected to approve a $250,000 settlement with the family of a man killed by a driver fleeing police in a stolen pickup truck.
The payment would resolve the claim from the family of 29-year-old Pascual Ayala who was killed in 2010 along with his girlfriend, Marina Barajas.
The Yakima Herald-Republic reports the city agreed last year to pay $400,000 to settle a claim from her family.
The fleeing driver responsible for the crash, Shaun Kollman, was sentenced to 51 years in prison.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River