YAKIMA, Wash. - A repeat sex offender who has completed a prison sentence for child molestation won't be going free.
A jury in Yakima decided Wednesday that 38-year-old Jonathan Parsons should be held indefinitely at the Special Commitment Center on McNeil Island. His civil commitment will be reviewed each year.
Parsons had previous convictions for child molestation. Prosecutors from the state attorney general's office said he is a sex predator who should be confined.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line