YAKIMA, Wash. - A 15-year-old girl on her way to school Monday in Yakima was kidnapped by three masked men armed with a gun who put her in the trunk of a car that headed west to Chinook Pass.
The girl had her phone, called for help and identified one of the kidnappers as an ex-boyfriend.
The Washington State Patrol stopped the car about two hours later on Highway 410 near Bumping Lake.
The girl was not harmed.
Police Capt. Rod Light says the teenage driver was arrested and police later arrested two other suspects who had been dropped off at Highland High School.
Light told the Yakima Herald-Republic (http://bit.ly/1iGAhHX ) police don't know where the driver was headed or what his intentions were but they obviously weren't good.
- Bloomsday Run adjusts to Riverfront Park's redesign
- 4 Things to Know for April 24th
- Post Falls Police search for two young runaways
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school