YAKIMA, Wash. - The Yakima City Council voted down a proposal Tuesday night to ban e-cigarettes in public places.
A measure to regulate electronic vaporizers failed on a 4-3 vote.
The Yakima Herald-Republic reports the majority said there was a lack of evidence that the nicotine-infused fumes are dangerous. The vaporizers are used by some smokers to replace tobacco.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives