YAKIMA, Wash. - The Yakima City Council voted to extend a panhandling ban to a total of 26 intersections in the city. Violators could be fined up to $95.
The Yakima Herald-Republic reports one of the intersections is were three panhandlers were recently arrested on suspicion of loitering to purchase heroin..
At Tuesday's meeting the council also voted to ban parking on major streets when more than three inches of snow falls. The city wants to speed up plowing of arterials and downtown streets, and the new ordinance means cars left on the snow-covered streets can be ticketed and towed.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting