YAKIMA, Wash. - The Yakima City Council voted to extend a panhandling ban to a total of 26 intersections in the city. Violators could be fined up to $95.
The Yakima Herald-Republic reports one of the intersections is were three panhandlers were recently arrested on suspicion of loitering to purchase heroin..
At Tuesday's meeting the council also voted to ban parking on major streets when more than three inches of snow falls. The city wants to speed up plowing of arterials and downtown streets, and the new ordinance means cars left on the snow-covered streets can be ticketed and towed.
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire
- Mexico club shooting: Spokane woman one of the injured
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force