SPOKANE, Wash. - A Washington State University student is in critical condition at Sacred Heart Medical Center with a suspected case of bacterial meningitis.
According to WSU, the 19-year-old has had flu-like symptoms for two weeks.
He is a member of the Kappa Sigma fraternity.
Whitman County health officials are working with WSU Student Health to see if anyone else is at risk.
Officials said symptoms can include: fever, severe headaches, chills, stiff neck and
- Ferris teacher, coach under investigation in Idaho
- 170,000 job seekers compromised by Department of Labor hack
- Court rules on lawsuit against WSU in euthanized dog case
- 4 Things To Know For March 23
- Teacher accused of having sex with student heads to trial
- Spokane River flooding backyards in Seven Mile neighborhood