SPOKANE, Wash. - A Washington State University student is in critical condition at Sacred Heart Medical Center with a suspected case of bacterial meningitis.
According to WSU, the 19-year-old has had flu-like symptoms for two weeks.
He is a member of the Kappa Sigma fraternity.
Whitman County health officials are working with WSU Student Health to see if anyone else is at risk.
Officials said symptoms can include: fever, severe headaches, chills, stiff neck and
- Street closed on 26th and Pines due to water main break
- Zag fans face cold to catch final MBB home game
- Solid waste collectors and police collaborate to fight crime
- Spokane's beloved K9 Laslo retires
- City of Spokane tries new techniques to tackle potholes
- Waterless week for nearly 300 patrons in CDA