SPOKANE, Wash. - A Washington State University student is in critical condition at Sacred Heart Medical Center with a suspected case of bacterial meningitis.
According to WSU, the 19-year-old has had flu-like symptoms for two weeks.
He is a member of the Kappa Sigma fraternity.
Whitman County health officials are working with WSU Student Health to see if anyone else is at risk.
Officials said symptoms can include: fever, severe headaches, chills, stiff neck and
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March
- Thousands turn out for Women's March on Spokane