SPOKANE, Wash. - A Washington State University student is in critical condition at Sacred Heart Medical Center with a suspected case of bacterial meningitis.
According to WSU, the 19-year-old has had flu-like symptoms for two weeks.
He is a member of the Kappa Sigma fraternity.
Whitman County health officials are working with WSU Student Health to see if anyone else is at risk.
Officials said symptoms can include: fever, severe headaches, chills, stiff neck and
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults