PULLMAN, Wash. - WSU police are investigating how a student fell out of his 11th story dorm room window Wednesday night.
A call was made to 911 around 10 p.m. Wednesday after a 22-year-old junior at WSU fell out of an 11th story window at Orton Hall. He was conscious and alert when authorities arrived to provide medical care to him.
After being transported to Pullman Regional Hospital he was airlifted to Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane for treatment of his injuries. His current condition is not known.
University spokesman Darin Watkins said that the student was alone at the time of the incident, and neither alcohol nor foul play were involved.
"That he's alive is nothing short of a miracle, and we wish him a full recovery," Watkins added.
This is the fourth time this semester a student has fallen from a building at either WSU or the University of Idaho.
Evan Ellis / KQQQ Radio in Pullman contributed to this report.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting