PULLMAN, Wash. - A 19-year-old Washington State University student was arrested Wednesday night on suspicion of trying to rape a woman at the College Hill apartment complex.
According to Pullman police, Alex Jeung followed a college-aged woman as she was walking home from a party. When she got to the parking lot of her apartment complex, Jeung reportedly tackled the 19-year-old woman and groped her.
The woman started yelling and Jeung ran away. A man heard the woman's screams, saw Jeung running away and called police.
Police found Jeung a few blocks away from the apartment and arrested him on suspicion of felony attempted second-degree rape, felony indecent liberties and misdemeanor fourth-degree assault with sexual motivation.
The woman was treated at Pullman Regional Hospital for cuts to her face.
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods
- Police investigate north Spokane shooting