PULLMAN, Wash. - A 19-year-old Washington State University student was arrested Wednesday night on suspicion of trying to rape a woman at the College Hill apartment complex.
According to Pullman police, Alex Jeung followed a college-aged woman as she was walking home from a party. When she got to the parking lot of her apartment complex, Jeung reportedly tackled the 19-year-old woman and groped her.
The woman started yelling and Jeung ran away. A man heard the woman's screams, saw Jeung running away and called police.
Police found Jeung a few blocks away from the apartment and arrested him on suspicion of felony attempted second-degree rape, felony indecent liberties and misdemeanor fourth-degree assault with sexual motivation.
The woman was treated at Pullman Regional Hospital for cuts to her face.
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car
- Don't leave valuable property in your car