PULLMAN, Wash. - The Washington State University professor accused of raping a teenage girl pleaded not guilty during an arraignment hearing.
The hearing was Monday in Latah County Second District Court.
Andrew Appleton, 51, is accused of raping a girl over the last two years, beginning when she was 16.
The victim came forward after turning 18 and moving out of the area. The alleged sexual assaults took place in Moscow, Idaho and California.
Appleton was an associate professor of politics at WSU for 18 years. He has since been removed from his duties at WSU and banned from campus. The case goes to trial on June 24, 2013.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River