The WSP auto theft unit, in conjunction with Spokane County and WSP SWAT teams, raided a location near Newport Tuesday morning and seized stolen cars, guns, ammunition and a marijuana grow.
The location raided was a rural property five miles south of Newport in the Spring Valley area.
The state patrol reported they got the case after deputies from the Pend Oreille County Sheriff's Office traced a stolen vehicle back to the suspect's address.
This is the third raid executed by the state patrol's auto theft unit in the last three months. The unit was recently re-established after being sidelined for 15 months due to budget cuts.
- 4 Things To Know For Tuesday, April 25
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image