The WSP auto theft unit, in conjunction with Spokane County and WSP SWAT teams, raided a location near Newport Tuesday morning and seized stolen cars, guns, ammunition and a marijuana grow.
The location raided was a rural property five miles south of Newport in the Spring Valley area.
The state patrol reported they got the case after deputies from the Pend Oreille County Sheriff's Office traced a stolen vehicle back to the suspect's address.
This is the third raid executed by the state patrol's auto theft unit in the last three months. The unit was recently re-established after being sidelined for 15 months due to budget cuts.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday