SPOKANE, Wash. - Police say a drunk driver crashed into a sign and a building while trying to get away from a Washington State Patrol trooper.
According to a trooper, shortly before midnight Thursday, Ian Hill, 26, of Spangle, was driving northbound on Division Street at Sharp Avenue. A trooper tried to pull him over for going the wrong way on Division Street.
Hill turned into a parking lot on Boone Avenue, trying to evade the trooper. When turning from Boone Avenue to Atlantic Street, Hill lost control of his truck, causing him to hit a sign, police said.
Hill continued driving, turning into an alley off of Atlantic Street, hitting a concrete wall and a building. WSP would not say what building Hill hit.
The truck eventually came to a stop. Hill was arrested on charges of hit-and-run and driving under the influence.
Hill had one passenger, Jesse George, 32. Neither men were hurt.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River