EPHRATA, Wash. - The Grant County sheriff's office says a federal worker was critically injured when he fell while working on the Pinto Dam east of Ephrata.
The U.S. Bureau of Reclamation employee yesterday morning apparently slipped on icy concrete and fell about 35 feet onto concrete below.
He was taken to Samaritan Healthcare in Moses Lake. Authorities say his injuries appear to be life-threatening.
The sheriff's office has not released the man's name.
It says the state Washington Labor and Industries will investigate.
- I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass closed all day, night
- Man killed in weekend officer-involved shooting identified
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting