EPHRATA, Wash. - The Grant County sheriff's office says a federal worker was critically injured when he fell while working on the Pinto Dam east of Ephrata.
The U.S. Bureau of Reclamation employee yesterday morning apparently slipped on icy concrete and fell about 35 feet onto concrete below.
He was taken to Samaritan Healthcare in Moses Lake. Authorities say his injuries appear to be life-threatening.
The sheriff's office has not released the man's name.
It says the state Washington Labor and Industries will investigate.
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity