MEDICAL LAKE, Wash. - The Spokane County Sheriff's Office says a woman shot her boyfriend Tuesday afternoon in Medical Lake after an argument that started Monday night.
Deputies responded to a residence in the 1000 block of N. Fairchild Drive for a reported shooting and contacted a male who had suffered a non-life-threatening gunshot wound to his leg and a female.
"At one point during today, the female felt she was in danger so she did arm herself again during this volatile confrontation, she did fire one round,” said Spokane County Deputy Mark Gregory.
Information gathered indicated the male and female have a volatile relationship.
The female is cooperating with investigators and said she feared for her safety and tried to fire a warning shot during the struggle, which struck the man's leg.
Neither person involved has been arrested or charged at this time.
- Employee shot during armed robbery at north Spokane pot shop
- Missing Hayden man found dead off Highway 3
- Four arrested on drug charges in Orofino
- Ridpath Hotel offers affordable downtown housing
- SRHD and Spokane County Jail look to expand methadone treatment to more inmates
- Kootenai County first responders train for railroad emergency