WATERVILLE, Wash. - An 83-year-old woman who fell into a backyard well on Christmas Eve is resting at a Wenatchee hospital in satisfactory condition.
The Wenatchee World reports Ernestine Eggers plunged into a well just off her family carport in Waterville and spent about 20 minutes in cold water before she was rescued.
An emergency crew found her close to unconscious, sitting in a few feet of water at the bottom of the well.
Douglas County Sheriff's Sgt. Tom Couey says Eggers and her husband routinely remove snow from their driveway by shoveling it into the opened well. The woman stumbled into the well Monday after the lid was left off.
Her husband, Lawrence Eggers, said Wednesday she was "doing okay," although she remained in the hospital's intensive care unit.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line