MABTON, Wash. - A controlled fire blew out of control in winds Sunday afternoon near Mabton and burned a state Fish and Wildlife shop and trucks.
Fire District 5 Chief Kevin Frazier tells the Yakima Herald-Republic the fire spread to more than 100 acres and at one time residents in the area were told to prepare to evacuate. No one was required to leave, and no homes were damaged.
Winds spread another controlled fire near White Swan to 25 acres Sunday and started a fire at an abandoned house. Fire Capt. Mark Hovis says crews were able to extinguish it and prevent it from reaching a residence.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives