MANSFIELD, Wash. - A spokesman for firefighters battling a wildfire near Mansfield says they're gaining the upper hand.
Ron Fryer says they should be in "good shape" by the end of Tuesday if the weather holds, and they could declare the fire contained by Friday.
About 200 firefighters are at the scene. The fire broke out Sunday evening and burned about 2 square miles of grass and brush and also destroyed two single-wide trailers.
Some residents of the McNeil Canyon were advised they may have to evacuate, but Fryer says that's unlikely now.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives