SPOKANE, Wash. - Michael West has been sentenced to 50 years in prison for the assault of two fellow inmates at the Airway Heights Corrections Center in 2010.
West was convicted last month for the assault on Chad Bolstad and Gary Welch in Oct. 2010 which left Bolstad blinded. At the time of his conviction the jury found there were aggravating factors which led to the exceptional sentence handed down.
West is already serving a 50-year sentence for a previous murder conviction. Those two convictions will be served consecutively, not concurrently.
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity