SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - A woman reported hearing several young people talking about a weapon in a school, which triggered a modified lockdown in the West Valley School District Monday morning.
The incident happened around 9:15 a.m. as the woman was walking down a road when she overheard the young people talking and notified district authorities. There was never a confirmed threat.
Pasadena Park, Orchard Center and Millwood Early Childhood Education Center were all placed into modified lockdown, which means the doors were locked, no one leaves the school but the school operates under normal conditions inside.
School officials checked security cameras in and around the three schools and deputies search the area but nothing found.
The modified lockdown was lifted at 11:10 a.m.
The district will send a note home with parents this afternoon explaining what happened.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives