SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - A woman reported hearing several young people talking about a weapon in a school, which triggered a modified lockdown in the West Valley School District Monday morning.
The incident happened around 9:15 a.m. as the woman was walking down a road when she overheard the young people talking and notified district authorities. There was never a confirmed threat.
Pasadena Park, Orchard Center and Millwood Early Childhood Education Center were all placed into modified lockdown, which means the doors were locked, no one leaves the school but the school operates under normal conditions inside.
School officials checked security cameras in and around the three schools and deputies search the area but nothing found.
The modified lockdown was lifted at 11:10 a.m.
The district will send a note home with parents this afternoon explaining what happened.
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march