ELLENSBURG, Wash. - The Washington Department of Natural Resources says fire crews have contained a wildfire reported about 12 miles east of Ellensburg and are working on putting out hot spots.
The fire reported Tuesday afternoon was initially estimated to have burned more than 500 acres.
Firefighters remained at the scene Tuesday night.
The Daily Record reported the fire was burning near a wind farm in the Vantage area.
There was no immediate word on a cause.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults