ELLENSBURG, Wash. - The Washington Department of Natural Resources says fire crews have contained a wildfire reported about 12 miles east of Ellensburg and are working on putting out hot spots.
The fire reported Tuesday afternoon was initially estimated to have burned more than 500 acres.
Firefighters remained at the scene Tuesday night.
The Daily Record reported the fire was burning near a wind farm in the Vantage area.
There was no immediate word on a cause.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday