SEWARD, Neb. - A 56-year-old Washington man who had more than 83 pounds of marijuana in his car during a Nebraska traffic stop has been fined $5,000 and sentenced to six days in jail.
Online court records say a Seward County judge last week gave Kris Robertson, of Camas, Washington, credit for six days already served. Robertson pleaded guilty to possession of more than a pound of marijuana after prosecutors lowered the charge and dropped another.
The Nebraska State Patrol says a trooper pulled over Robertson's car on Nov. 10 for speeding near the Crete exit off eastbound Interstate 80. A drug dog taken to the scene alerted officers to the odor of drugs. The patrol says more than 83 pounds of marijuana was found in the car trunk.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position