YAKIMA, Wash. - Washington produces about 80 percent of the hops grown in the United States and most of the beer flavoring comes from the Yakima Valley where the Haas company is a major processor.
Haas operates its own small brewery in Yakima to make demonstration batches of beer. When customers visit, Haas can show them how the hops will taste.
The Yakima Herald-Republic reports the Haas Innovation Center works with small craft breweries as well as the major beer makers.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults