YAKIMA, Wash. - Washington produces about 80 percent of the hops grown in the United States and most of the beer flavoring comes from the Yakima Valley where the Haas company is a major processor.
Haas operates its own small brewery in Yakima to make demonstration batches of beer. When customers visit, Haas can show them how the hops will taste.
The Yakima Herald-Republic reports the Haas Innovation Center works with small craft breweries as well as the major beer makers.
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March