MOSES LAKE, Wash. - The Grant County, Wash., sheriff says a man who spotted his own stolen truck and started following it helped officers recover two stolen vehicles and make two arrests.
Sheriff Tom Jones said the man called 911 on Tuesday to say he was following a truck stolen on Monday. After several miles, the two people in the truck stopped, took a motorcycle out of the truck bed and drove off across a farm field.
The chase continued, across fields and over irrigation canal roads. Soon the truck owner was joined by sheriff's deputies, Moses Lake police and Warden police. Surrounded by law enforcement officers, the couple crashed the motorcycle in a field and were arrested. They were unhurt.
The sheriff says both the motorcycle and the truck had been stolen.
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods
- Police investigate north Spokane shooting