MOSES LAKE, Wash. - The Grant County, Wash., sheriff says a man who spotted his own stolen truck and started following it helped officers recover two stolen vehicles and make two arrests.
Sheriff Tom Jones said the man called 911 on Tuesday to say he was following a truck stolen on Monday. After several miles, the two people in the truck stopped, took a motorcycle out of the truck bed and drove off across a farm field.
The chase continued, across fields and over irrigation canal roads. Soon the truck owner was joined by sheriff's deputies, Moses Lake police and Warden police. Surrounded by law enforcement officers, the couple crashed the motorcycle in a field and were arrested. They were unhurt.
The sheriff says both the motorcycle and the truck had been stolen.
- 4 Things To Know For Tuesday, April 25
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image