CHELAN, Wash. - The Chelan County sheriff says a 68-year-old Manson man has died after a tractor accident in a central Washington cherry orchard.
Sheriff Brian Burnett says John Marker's son called 911 early Monday morning to say his father's tractor had gone over a six-foot embankment and was on fire.
The sheriff says the tractor rolled, but it wasn't immediately known whether Marker was struck by the tractor or if medical issues may have been involved. The man was found just in front of the burning tractor.
The accident occurred at Chelan View Orchards outside Chelan.
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blachard shooting identified
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire
- Mexico club shooting: Spokane woman one of the injured
- Preparing for icy winter weather