SPOKANE, Wash. - The Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery has found a new home on 1.6 acres at the edge of the Sprague Revitalization project at 2230 E. Sprague.
The Nursery hopes that the new location will allow them to say yes to the thousands they turn away each year, and significantly increases their impact. They are planning on providing care for children up to age 12, children with more complex medical needs, and expanded parenting programs in which they anticipate will be roughly 30,000 sq. ft. of building with an additional 6,000 sq. ft. of outdoor play space.
All their efforts are aimed at preventing child abuse and neglect in the Spokane community.
If you want to learn how you can support the Nursery, contact the Development Director, Keith O'Brien, at 509-340-0482.
- Spokane organization celebrates refugee resettlement efforts
- Extreme Team "Making Spirits Bright" project decorates nearby park
- Mix up leaves family with dozens of baby guinea pigs
- Artist aims to paint one picture of Spokane each week for a year
- Woman shoots boyfriend in domestic violence incident
- Spokane Police locate missing 86-year-old woman