This week is a big one for kids everywhere as most of them got out of school this week. For parents, keeping them active can be a challenge, but that won't be a problem in Spokane Valley, where three pools are opening for the summer Saturday.
Spokane Valley has three public pools – Valley Mission Pool, Terrace View Pool and Park Road Pool – that are opening this weekend and provide good, inexpensive for the whole family.
"They are only a dollar for our open swim, kids five and under are free and on the weekends we have a family discount where one child twelve and under is free with a paying adult," Jennifer Papich with Spokane Valley Parks and Recreation said.
A county-wide swim pass program, Make a Splash, is shy on funding this year, and kids in the area that can't afford to swim could use some help.
"It's a wonderful program that we use through Make a Splash, and the Spokane Parks Foundation is where you would go to donate for that, and it really helps a lot of kids who other wise aren't able to otherwise go swimming during the summer, so it makes a really big difference," Papich said.
If you would like to donate to Make a Splash click here.
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods
- Police investigate north Spokane shooting