OREM, Utah - A Utah man has surrendered to police in Yakima, Wash., after the stabbing death of his live-in girlfriend.
Orem police say they received a call Friday from Yakima police about a man who had turned himself in and said there was a body in a trailer home in Orem.
Police say they found 44-year-old Jennifer Brackenbury dead from multiple stab wounds in the home.
Her 43-year-old boyfriend, Steven Gray, was being held in custody in Yakima pending extradition hearings.
Police say Brackenbury died between Oct. 20 and Tuesday, and Gray fled to his home state of Washington to surrender.
Investigators say the two had no history of domestic violence.
A neighbor says Brackenbury had lived in the trailer for about eight months, and Gray started living there several months ago.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car