MOSCOW, Idaho - The woman who died in Thursday morning's car crash on U.S. 195 was a University of Idaho student from Napal.
Mamta Kandel, 21, was traveling as a passenger in a Toyota Carolla when the vehicle lost control near Rosalia and swerved into oncoming traffic. The other three occupants in the Carolla survived.
According to her Facebook page, Kandel was a Resident Assistant at U of I studying sociology.
The U of I Department of Sociology and Anthropology page posted the following to their Facebook page:
- Man found dead in downtown Spokane parking lot
- Riverfront Park construction progresses
- Study shows Spokane Police Department needs more officers
- Mom of son with rare disease says healthcare decision is about more than 'politics'
- Summer thunderstorms leave a mess for some residents around region
- Airman found dead in dorm at Fairchild