SPOKANE, Wash. - After just one year of being open, University Bar and Grill near Gonzaga University closed its doors for good.
The final last call was at 1:30 a.m. Sunday.
University Bar and Grill replaced the long-standing Bulldog Tavern. The iconic Bulldog Tavern closed in August 2011.
An artist spent several months painting a Gonzaga mural on the building's south side.
"Friday and Saturday was our one-year anniversary party and closing party all rolled into one," said owner, Mary Livingston, on University Bar and Grill's website.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives