MOSCOW, Idaho - There's a new interim director of the University of Idaho's marquee public-policy research center that's been beset by leadership turnover.
The UI on Monday named Priscilla Salant interim director of the James A. and Louise McClure Center for Public Policy Research.
Salant takes over from Marty Peterson, who is retiring for a second time after serving for 20 years as a special assistant to UI's president.
Peterson stepped in during 2012 when the former McClure Center director, political science professor David Adler, bolted after two years for a similar post at Boise State University.
Before taking this assignment, Salant had led UI's university's outreach and engagement efforts since 2006 at the school's Office of Community Partnerships.
The university didn't provide details of its search for a permanent McClure Center leader.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home