GEORGE, Wash. - The Grant County sheriff's office says two people have been arrested in the shooting that seriously wounded two teens Sunday night in the town of George.
Deputies and Quincy police arrested 21-year-old Hector M. Contreras Rodriguez of Quincy and a 16-year-old boy. They were jailed early Monday for investigation of attempted murder.
Witnesses told investigators the victims were among four people sitting in a car in front of a home when a car pulled up behind them. Two people got out, fired shots that wounded two and then drove away.
A 16-year-old boy is wounded in the torso, knee and face. A 14-year-old girl is wounded in the torso. They were taken to Quincy Valley Medical Center and then airlifted to trauma centers in serious condition.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults