SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane Major Crimes Detectives have arrested two men and charged them with first degree murder in connection to Sunday night's fatal shooting at The Hop.
23-year-old Kalen J. Bedford and 25-year-old Carlos A. Fuentes were each arrested Wednesday night. Bedford was arrested in north Spokane, Fuentes in southeast Spokane. Bedford was previously arrested in connection with a shooting at Spokane Hoopfest in 2010.
The Spokane County Medical Examiner identified the victim as Julian Morrison, 26, Monday afternoon and confirmed he died from gunshot wounds.
The shooting happened in the parking lot of The Hop, located at 706 North Monroe.
Police received a call about the shooting and officers were on the scene within two minutes. About 50 people had gathered for an after concert party when two men squared off in the parking lot that ended with Morrison's killing.
Morrison, the victim. had two felony convictions and had been arrested in the past for forgery, assault, car theft, possession of stolen property and robbery.
Further information regarding the arrests is expected Thursday morning.
Detectives ask that if anyone has information about the case, they call Crime Check at 456-2233.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car