MEDICAL LAKE, Wash. - The Spokane County Medical Examiner has identified the two people killed in a vehicle versus train crash in Medical Lake on Saturday.
Jacob Michael Normandin, 14, and Melissa Kelly Normandin, 45, both died in the the crash. The manner is listed as accidental.
Jacob had lacerations of his spleen and left kidney. Melissa died from aortic transection.
Fairchild Air Force Base confirmed that they were the wife and son of an airman on base, Capt. Daniel Normandin, 92nd Medical Operations Squadron.
Fairchild sent out the following statement:
"The 92nd Medical Operations Squadron and the entire 92nd Medical Group are
hurting deeply for the Normandin family," said Lt. Col. Cory Middel, 92nd
MDOS commander. "However, the outpouring of concern from across Fairchild
and the local community is inspiring encouragement and hope. The squadron
stands ready to walk alongside the family through the long road ahead."
- Thanksgiving travel tips for local flyers
- Holiday deals for the savvy consumer
- New details emerge in Medical Lake High School explicit photo drive
- Travel easier during the busiest holiday weekend in a decade
- Cantwell fights higher park fees
- Padden named ranking member on Senate Law and Justice committee