SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - A routine traffic stop turned into a police chase and ended with a crash late Wednesday night in Spokane Valley.
Police tried to pull over a red minivan before 11 p.m., but the driver led them on a high speed chase onto I-90. The chase continued on the highway, then onto Pines and Mission before bad weather caused police to call off the chase for public safety reasons.
They picked up the chase again at University when the van driver tried to hit a patrol car head-on.Spokane Valley Pursuit
The pursuit eventually ended at Walnut and Valley when the driver crashed his van into a tree. The driver and a passenger were extricated from the van.
Right now, there is no information on the condition of the van's occupants or why they fled police.
An investigation is ongoing.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River