SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - Three boys were arrested following a lengthy police chase in Spokane Valley.
According to Spokane County deputies, the chase started just after 2:30 a.m. near Appleway Boulevard and Argonne Road.
Sergeant Russ Dowdy said an off-duty deputy was driving in the opposite lane of an SUV, when the SUV tried to run the deputy's patrol car off the road. The deputy called 911 and officers tried pulling the driver of the SUV over for reckless driving.
The driver took off, leading them on a 20 minute pursuit through Spokane Valley. Deputies said the SUV was going nearly 100 miles per hour at times.
The chase ended at the Spokane Business and Industrial Park near on the 3800 block of North Sullivan Road, which is a fenced-in area.
The three boys who were inside the SUV jumped out and took off running. Deputies quickly arrested two of them. The third was found a short distance away, with the help of a K-9 unit.
Dowdy said the driver faces multiple felony charges, including eluding and assault. Dowdy said he does not know if or what charges the passengers face.
According to the Spokane County Sheriff's Office, all of the people who were in the car are juveniles.
- 4 Things To Know For Tuesday, April 25
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image