WENATCHEE, Wash. - A number of threats have prompted Wenatchee School District officials to cancel Friday classes for Wenatchee High School.
Written threats made in the girls bathroom in recent weeks prompted the closure.
One of the messages promised that there would be a shooting at the school Friday, ahead of homecoming weekend.
Police believe the threats are empty but the school district said students weren't going to take their chances by coming to school.
Wenatchee High School said it will make up the day later this year.
All other schools in the district will be in session.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position