WENATCHEE, Wash. - A number of threats have prompted Wenatchee School District officials to cancel Friday classes for Wenatchee High School.
Written threats made in the girls bathroom in recent weeks prompted the closure.
One of the messages promised that there would be a shooting at the school Friday, ahead of homecoming weekend.
Police believe the threats are empty but the school district said students weren't going to take their chances by coming to school.
Wenatchee High School said it will make up the day later this year.
All other schools in the district will be in session.
- Zag fans face cold to catch final MBB home game
- Solid waste collectors and police collaborate to fight crime
- Spokane's beloved K9 Laslo retires
- City of Spokane tries new techniques to tackle potholes
- Waterless week for nearly 300 patrons in CDA
- Civic Theatre actor sentenced to prison for child molestation