SPOKANE, Wash. - Police have arrested a third person on a kidnapping and rape charge for an assault on a woman Monday morning in North Spokane.
Mindee Deligt, 33, was taken into custody Tuesday on charges of first degree kidnapping and first degree rape.
Two other women -- 27-year-old Keila Chapman and 30-year-old Merriah Wernsdofer -- were arrested after police questioned them in the case Monday morning.
Monday morning 9-1-1 received a call about the incident and officers responded to a home in the 4600 block of North Lincoln. The victim, a juvenile female, said she had been held overnight against her will. Police said at the time she may have been assaulted.
"We believe she had been assaulted and kidnapped at this point we do not believe it was a random incident and was involved with the drug trade," Spokane Police Officer Lydia Pritchard said Monday morning.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position