TERRACE HEIGHTS, Wash. - An accident in a driveway killed a pedestrian Thursday evening in Terrace Heights, near Yakima.
The Washington State Patrol says a car driven by a 71-year-old woman was stuck in brush along the driveway when it broke free, hitting two pedestrians.
The accident killed 94-year-old Kasper Kautzman at the scene. The other pedestrian, an 80-year-old man, was taken to Yakima Memorial Hospital. Troopers say the driver of the car also was taken to the hospital for injuries unrelated to the accident.
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity