OKANOGAN, Wash. - A 15-year-old who overpowered a guard and broke out of the county juvenile detention center in Okanogan is back in custody, facing likely assault and escape charges.
The sheriff's office says the teen asked a guard for some pencils Sunday then held them to her neck to get out of the secure area and flee. She was unhurt.
The Wenatchee World reports the only other guard working at the time was overseeing outdoor recreation time.
A sheriff's deputy found the boy a couple of hours later in Omak.
The teen was originally arrested July 10 and accused of stealing two cars in Pateros.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives