EAST WENATCHEE, Wash. - Police say a Wenatchee 18-year-old who couldn't swim waded into water over his head and drowned.
The Tri-City Herald reports Eduardo Felipe-Escalante was with friends who also couldn't swim when he stumbled Saturday afternoon at Porter's Pond, a Columbia River cove in East Wenatchee.
He was found by fire department divers but could not be revived and died early Sunday at Central Washington Hospital.
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March
- Thousands turn out for Women's March on Spokane