EAST WENATCHEE, Wash. - Police say a Wenatchee 18-year-old who couldn't swim waded into water over his head and drowned.
The Tri-City Herald reports Eduardo Felipe-Escalante was with friends who also couldn't swim when he stumbled Saturday afternoon at Porter's Pond, a Columbia River cove in East Wenatchee.
He was found by fire department divers but could not be revived and died early Sunday at Central Washington Hospital.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults