EAST WENATCHEE, Wash. - Police say a Wenatchee 18-year-old who couldn't swim waded into water over his head and drowned.
The Wenatchee World reports Eduardo Felipe-Escalante was with friends who also couldn't swim when he stumbled Saturday afternoon at Porter's Pond, a Columbia River cove in East Wenatchee.
He was found by fire department divers but could not be revived and died early Sunday at Central Washington Hospital.
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show
- A robot that picks apples? Replacing humans worries some