SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - Across the country there have been reports of creepy clowns terrorizing communities, and now those reports popping up in Spokane Valley.
The 14-year-old girl, who says she saw the clown at 44th and Bowdish, was still shaken up Monday afternoon. Brooklyn Bergquist claims to have seen the clown just before 7 Sunday night. She described the encounter as terrifying.
Bergquist was walking home from her friends house when she saw someone walking up the hill towards her. She says it looked like a young man and he started yelling at her, 'yo!'
At first she thought it was someone she knew but when she realized it wasn't, she began to walk back towards her friends house.
The man's head was down as he was walking towards her, so Bergquist didn't realize he was wearing a mask.
"Then he was like 10 feet away from me and he looks up and his mask lights up and I was like 'no,'" said Bergquist.
That's when Bergquist started running and the man in the mask chased her all the way back to her friend's house.
Bergquist told her parents about the incident and her mom reported it to Crime Check.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position