MEDICAL LAKE, Wash. - The teen who allegedly assisted thieves in stealing 21 guns from her father's Medical Lake home has been arrested on nearly three dozen charges related to the theft.
The 17-year-old girl was arrested Wednesday for the Sept. 17 theft of 21 firearms from her dad's home. She was charged with a single count of Residential Burglary, 21 counts of Trafficking in Stolen Property, 21 counts of Theft of a Firearm and 21 counts of Possession of a Stolen Firearm.
The teen was booked into juvenile detention.
Detectives determined during the course of their investigation that the teen acted on her own in stealing the guns from her father's home, though she was assisted by two other individuals. They found that she delivered the guns to Brad Kelly and her motive for the theft was she had been promised a car for delivering the guns to Kelly.
Kelly, 21, has been charged with nine counts of Possession of Stolen Property while Cody Wolfley, 20, has been charged with one count of 1st Degree Burglary, 21 counts of Trafficking in Stolen Property, 21 counts of Theft of a Firearm and 21 counts of Possession of a Stolen Firearm.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting