Former Othello teacher Lisa Davis pleaded guilty to first-degree child molestation in Adams County Superior Court Monday morning.
Davis accepted a plea deal from prosecutors on the molestation charge. She stood accused of molesting one of her 10-year-old students at Scootney Springs Elementary School, where she taught fifth grade.
Court documents said Davis, 48, touched the genitals of the boy several times between April and May. Davis also kissed the boy and allowed him to touch her breasts both in and out of the classroom.
She could be facing between 51 months and life in prison for molesting the child, but may qualify for a deal that would put her in prison for just 12 months. If she's not a candidate for the sex offender treatment program, she'll spend 51 months in prison and then register as a sex offender.
Davis is now in jail awaiting her sentencing, set for Oct. 28.
The victim's family, meanwhile, has filed a civil lawsuit against the Othello School District.
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March